The deadline for applications for 2014 dentistry courses is Tuesday 15th October! Feel free to submit applications before then but make sure you are 100% satisfied with your UCAS application.
That may seem like a long time away but once term starts, you’ll rapidly become snowed under with all sorts of coursework deadlines, tests and extra-curricular activities, so if you haven’t already drafted your personal statement, it’s high time you jotted down some ideas!!
Here are a few tips when writing your personal statement:
- A strong start is essential, so make your introduction count. It should be punchy, interesting and set you apart from the rest
- Convey your enthusiasm. Where were you when you first decided you wanted to do dentistry? What is your inspiration? Draw upon authentic, first-hand experiences
- Academic aspects- make them relevant to the application, explain why success in science olympiads makes you an exemplary student and therefore a good candidate
- Comment in an intellectual manner on topical issues relevant to the field of dentistry and medicine
- Personal profile- this is your chance to show off the things that you are good at! Include any significant achievements that you are proud of and explain how the skills that you have acquired are transferrable to the dental profession
- Enthusiastic ending- make a final paragraph that shows just how keen you really are!
Remember that at DentApp we provide personal statement support as part of the premium package, if you have any questions about the services we have to offer, don’t hesitate to ask.