These interview profiles have been compiled by previous dentistry applications in their real dentistry applications. These are all genuine past interview questions. We hope you find them useful. We will be covering these and many more in our Interview Preparation Day:
Questions about Communication skills:
- Why do you think communication skills are important in dentistry?
- Tell me about a time during your work experience you saw a dentist using communication skills effectively?
- Why do you think it is important for our patients to trust us?
- What do you think we mean by attentive listening?
Questions about commitment to the profession:
- Why do you want to study dentistry here in particular?
- Tell me why you’d like to be a dentist
- Tell me about something which you found particularly striking or interesting during your work experience
- What did you gain from your work experience?
Understanding of the realities of working as a dentist:
- What qualities to you think are important in a dentist?
- What evidence do you have that you have these qualities?
- Why do you think someone would not want to become a dentist?
- Can you think of any challenges that dentists are facing at the moment?
- Can you tell us about a time you worked well in a team?
- What do you think makes a good team leader?
- Why is good teamwork so important in dentistry?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- What are your weaknesses and how do you get around these?
- Have you read or heard about any new advances in dentistry you’d like to discuss?
- Is there anything you’d like to tell us about yourself?
- What current news stories have grabbed your attention and why?
This is just a snapshot of the types of questions you can expect to be asked. For help in answering these questions with confidence join us on one of our Interview Preparation Days.